5 Must-Haves for Integrating Electronic Signatures with Your Business App
As organizations embrace digital transformation, many are considering e-signature technology as a key component to achieve end-to-end digitization. No matter the size of business or the industry a business serves, e-signatures play a pivotal role in helping all types of organizations ditch paper and realize huge benefits, such as achieving higher ROI, improving customer experience, increasing staff productivity, and eliminating error-prone processes with paper.
If you plan to fully automate the signature process by integrating e-signature capabilities with your organization’s web portal, business applications, core systems, or even mobile apps, it’s important to consider the following requirements when selecting an e-signature solution:
5 Must Haves for Your Electronic Signature Solution
1. Must Have the Ability to Automate High Volume E-Signature Transactions
Whether you’re a bank that wants to push account openings applications out via your mobile app or an insurance company that needs to send claim forms to your customers with pre-populated information, you want a reliable e-signature solution that can help you process hundreds and thousands of forms. Look for a robust e-signature solution that can automate larger volume, system initiated e-signature processes. Integrating e-signatures with your core systems eliminates the manual work for employees to prepare documents for e-signature.
2. Must Be Easy to Integrate
Ensure the e-signature solution can easily integrate with your organization’s upstream and downstream systems to enable straight-through processing. Look for a solution that has the necessary tools and resources to help you integrate e-signatures into your current processes and workflows. An Open API, fully supported SDKs, and documentation will help your team quickly get up and running with e-signatures.
3. Must Be Easy to Scale and Possess Flexible Deployment Options
Suppose you started with a smaller e-signature implementation. What happens when another line of business in your organization also wants to implement e-signatures? Look for an e-signature solution that will grow with your e-signature needs and has the flexibility to scale the use of e-signatures across your lines of businesses and departments. You e-signature solution should have the freedom to change how and where you want to deploy the technology.
4. Must Have the Best User Experience for Signers
Adoption of e-signatures among your customers is crucial. Ensure your e-signature solution can provide the option to fully customize workflows and provide an intuitive UI, so your customers enjoy a seamless signing experience.
5. Must Be Compliant and Secure
Documents and e-signatures should be protected using digital signature technology which creates a digital fingerprint of the document and can be used in the future to verify the integrity of the electronic record. When looking for an e-signature provider, make sure they offer a solution to protect your documents, so they cannot be tampered with easily. Should the slightest tampering occur, the e-signature must be visibly invalidated.
How OneSpan Sign Stacks Up: E-Signature Use Cases
With over 25 years of experience, OneSpan Sign has helped clients every step of the way with their electronic signature implementations. OneSpan Sign has a reputation for providing strong integration into core processes and helping regulated industries and security-conscious organizations automate high volume, business-to-consumer e-signature transactions. Here are a few use cases demonstrating how these organizations have transformed their operations using OneSpan Sign:
- Top North American Bank: A top North American bank began offering a fully digital and mobile account opening process at airport kiosks. As long as there is a mobile connection, remote customer onboarding can take place from any location, including sporting events and college campuses. The bank is doing this through a dedicated app for iPad with e-signatures integrated into the app. This has yielded tremendous results. The bank has reduced error rates by 75% and estimates more than $8 million saved in annual administration costs.
- PlanMember Securities: PlanMember Securities is a leading national, independent retirement services broker-dealer whose 400 independent advisors were using the company’s paperless CMS, but their customers were forced to print to paper in order to capture signatures. With paper, there is always the risk of not-in-good-order (NIGO) errors. The integration of OneSpan Sign and LaserApp Anywhere populates PlanMember’s forms with data from the advisor’s CRM and hand off the forms to OneSpan Sign for electronic signature. Plan Member Securities reduced NIGO rates and also increased adoption rates among its advisors.
- U.S. Army: With a mandate to protect freedom and preserve peace, effective and rapid decision-making is of paramount importance to the U.S. Army. Thousands of decisions are made daily — from supply orders to medical, logistical, transportation, and personnel matters. The U.S. Army wanted to increase productivity and decrease costs for the Army’s use of forms-based processes. They wanted to convert to a single, centralized e-form solution that enables everyone, from soldiers in the field to headquarters, to use Web-based e-forms. After implementing OneSpan Sign, they saved $1.3 billion annually in administrative processing costs, improved efficiency in the field. This also yielded a 33% reduction in time once the e-signature process was automated.
G2 Crowd, a peer-to-peer business solutions review site recently awarded OneSpan Sign the top spot for overall customer satisfaction for the tenth consecutive time. What’s more, OneSpan Sign is recommended as the top e-signature vendor for enterprise-level implementations. Download the latest G2 Crowd E-Signature Software Grid report to see how OneSpan Sign stacked up against other e-signature vendors based on reviews and insights from real users.