This security checklist lists the top security requirements and best practices to consider when evaluating e-signature solutions.
Due diligence around security means going beyond security audits and certifications. Use this checklist to prompt vendors to answer questions like:
- How do I know who e-signed a document?
- How are customers’ e-signatures protected? Can they be copied into other documents?
- How easy is it to verify whether an e-signed record has been tampered with?
- How can I be sure my customer data will be protected?
- Are the e-signed records and audit trails truly vendor independent?
SECURITY CHECKLIST HIGHLIGHTS
- User identity and authentication
- Document security
- Signature security
- Cloud and data security
If you like this security checklist, read the accompanying security white paper to learn about creating end-to-end trust in transactions involving e-signatures.