Canadian Digital Insurance Success Story
About Gillons Insurance Brokers
Gillons Insurance Brokers merged with Lake of the Woods Insurance in 2015. The Canadian Property & Casualty brokerage is now an eleven-branch enterprise with 103 employees serving northwestern Ontario.
Chasing signatures can absorb a huge share of a broker’s time. “It’s not unusual to have clients 100 kilometers away from our closest branch. We needed an easier way to collect signatures,” says Tracy McDonald, Gillons’ Executive Operations Officer.
When IBAO, the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario, announced its partnership with OneSpan, Tracy knew she had found the right e-signature service. Plus, OneSpan Sign runs on IBM SoftLayer data centers in Toronto so customers' data stays in Canada.
- Carriers are on-board - most accept new business applications with e-signature
- Clients and brokers love the convenience of digital insurance
- Signature collection dropped from ~ 1 week to 1 day
- 90% of new business signed electronically
- Better equipped to face competitive pressures from direct writers