How to Approach E-Signature Adoption Among Independent Insurance Carriers
Insurance carriers play a key role in making e-signature adoption a reality among independent agents, but doing so requires a clear strategy. This whitepaper outlines the top three e-signature adoption trends in the independent agent channel and presents recommendations for:
1.) Accepting e-signature solutions chosen by agents/agencies
2.) Making e-signatures and e-policy delivery available to agents through your portal
3.) Using multi-carrier platforms with integrated e-signatures
This paper draws on the ACORD e-signature guidelines, industry best practices, and eSignLive’s experience at all levels of the insurance eco-system to get you thinking about questions like:
- Who should take the lead with regards to e-signatures – the carrier or the agent?
- As a carrier, why do I need to develop a clear strategy for all three of these approaches? What is at risk if I don’t?
- Do I have an e-signature policy for my independent agents?
- What e-signature solutions are being used throughout my organization, for other lines of business and channels? Is there a corporate standard?
- What e-signature capabilities have my e-app, policy admin and other service providers integrated with? Is their solution reliable and does it meet my risk criteria?
- And more