ApproveIt Desktop Version 4.0
Montreal, Quebec, March 15, 1999 - Today, Silanis Technology announced Version 4.0 ApproveIt Desktop. ApproveIt™ Desktop includes ApproveIt for Office, ApproveIt for PDF and ApproveIt for FormFlow which provides support respectively for MS-Word™, MS-Excel™, Adobe Acrobat PDF™ and JetForm FormFlow™. It also includes support for MS Active X for custom applications. This extensive support for these common file formats has made ApproveIt the standard off-the-shelf electronic approval software for the automation of the business approval process. With ApproveIt, any document can be signed by any authorized individual within an organization regardless of the file type the individual is signing.
Using digital signature technology and electronic signatures, ApproveIt ensures secure, bona fide documents and signatures. As well, ApproveIt's advanced automation capabilities manage multiple approval processes, including document section signing which is common in electronic forms. As a result, ApproveIt can be used in any business signing procedure allowing for enterprise wide utilization and work automation.
"Version 4.0 has been enhanced with even more key features based on the needs of, and requests coming from, our established customers," comments Tommy Petrogiannis, President of Silanis Technology. "ApproveIt's advanced digital signatures and approval automation capabilities manage, speed and secure all business approval processes. Multiple approval procedures, including document section signing, can be easily automated into stand alone applications or into email, inter/tranet, document management or workflow systems. There is no need to reengineer existing computer environments. ApproveIt integrates seamlessly with all common document applications, enhancing current business procedures and increasing ROI."
ApproveIt DesktopVersion 4.0
Advanced Automation Capabilities:
- ApproveIt manages multiple approval processes to ensure use of the technology in any corporate signing procedure.
- ApproveIt is able to work with sectional signing procedures which are common in electronic forms as individuals often need only to approve a particular section of the document.
- The speed at which work activities are accomplished is significantly increased as ApproveIt is capable of managing batch approval and authentication procedures that enable users to quickly process multiple documents at one time.
- In order to ensure document authenticity, ApproveIt automatically updates the printed name of the signer, the date and time of approval and any other user defined data in the document without altering original content.
- Ensuring document validity and legitimacy is a top priority for enterprise and for this reason ApproveIt includes auto-authentication capabilities. In order to fulfill this crucial requirement, upon
- Upon opening a file, ApproveIt automatically detects whether or not the document being viewed is an original.
Secure Digital Signature Technology:
- ApproveIt uses digital signature technology to ensure that a valid electronic signature cannot be transferred from one document to another.
- ApproveIt's unique Intelligent SignatureTM technology ensures that electronic signatures are inseparable from the approved document so that document content and signature validity are protected, and the secure routing of approved documents can take place.
- ApproveIt provides an approval audit trail which includes names, dates, comments, and any other approval associated information within the document in order to facilitate effective maintenance of document history during complex multiple approval and document routing processes.
- ApproveIt allows for hard copies of approved documents, containing handwritten signatures, to be securely printed on demand.
Flexibility- A "One Pen" Solution:
- ApproveIt Desktop enables end users to work in an already familiar environment by appearing as merely another pull-down menu within MS-Office™, Adobe Acrobat PDF™ and JetForm FormFlow™. As a result, training time is minimal.
- ApproveIt supports all electronic document types or file formats. Any document can be signed by any authorized employee within an organization irrelevant of the file type or software version the individual is using.
- ApproveIt works seamlessly within any document management, workflow, email or inter/tranet system. This allows for work to take place across a network of various geographical sites within a corporation.
- To reduce hardware costs, ApproveIt allows enterprise to sign on a digitizer device once and to securely save signatures to password encrypted files for repeated access. Secure signing, using these files, can take place at a fraction of the cost.
Optimal Performance Speed:
- ApproveIt is performance enhanced, hence, the business approval process can be completed faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Founded in 1992, Silanis Technology Inc. develops ApproveIt, the industry's first and only multi-signature electronic approval management software. Over 400 organizations use Silanis products in government, business, insurance, medical, and health care sectors, including the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, TRW, Williams Group, Nationwide Insurance, and National City Bank. Silanis software is recognized for its mature feature set, security, ease-of-use, and simple integration.